architecture and design
santa maria residence building
The building, completed during the Fifties in a phase of particular economic development, takes the name from the Church of Santa Maria, on the other side of the road, that was built in 1680 and was anciently part of a Benedictine monastery. It has a T plan configuration, aligned through the main facade with Via Manzoni (a sloping road that arrives in the main square of the city) and through the other with Via Galimberti. Realized in concrete, it is constituted by 6 residential floors and a commercial ground floor, formerly for a furniture shop and afterwards for a bank.