architecture and design

1/7

de baggis factory and offices

1957-1958

Cantù (CO)

 

The new industrial headquarter of De Baggis, a brass and wood furniture manufacturer, is located along via G. da Cermenate, once the only road connecting Cantù to Milan, before the creation of the ring road, on a land characterized from evident differences in height. For this reason, the project focused on positioning the office building in the lower part, with a body immediately visible from people coming from Milan, placing the production unities, partly iunderground, at the western edge of the ground, reducing the visual impact. In this way, the office building emerges, placing itself as a company image, with a clear rationalist and functional imprint, lifting the operative body on pillars and leaving the porter's basement independent and completed by the flat eaves and the large windows on the south side.